Camino Del Norte Ribbon Cutting & Opening
New road to improve circulation in eastern part of the City.
- Date: 02/21/2020 9:00 AM - 10:00 AM
- Location: Franklin St. & Canyon Estates Dr.
Lake Elsinore, California 92530
The City of Lake Elsinore is excited to celebrate the opening of our newest roadway - Camino Del Norte.
The Camino Del Norte Extension is expected to relieve congestion at Railroad Canyon Road by creating a secondary option for those traveling to Canyon Estates Drive and/or Tuscany Hills. This project will also open up more than 125 acres of land for development along the freeway.
- Extension of Camino Del Norte from Main Street to Franklin Street.
- Approximately one (1) mile of new roadway in undeveloped land with 12 ft. wide traffic lanes, 8 ft. wide paved shoulders and center islands.
- Realignment of Canyon Estates Drive and extension of Canyon View Drive and Sagecrest Drive.
- Total of 8,450 tons of asphalt concrete for project.
- New traffic signal at the intersection of Canyon Estates Drive, Camino Del Norte and Franklin Street.
- New sidewalk, curb and gutters.
- Drainage improvements, slope protection, and erosion control.
- 16 new storm drain systems.
- Headwalls, wingwalls, and rock slope protection.
Location: Camino Del Norte and Canyon Estates Drive, south of Main Street
Project Stakeholders: Elsinore Valley Municipal Water District, Southern California Edison, Frontier, Soboba and Pechanga Indian Tribes, State Water Board, Army Corps of Engineers, Fish and Wildlife, and Riverside-Corona Resource Conservation District.
Construction Start Date: July 9, 2019
Construction Completion: February 21, 2020
Estimated Cost: $3.4 million