Mandatory Water Restrictions Announced by EVMWD
Residents are urged to take measures to conserve water
On May 29th, the Elsinore Valley Municipal Water District announced mandatory water restrictions for our area. The restrictions are in response to Governor Brown's executive order to address the severe drought in California.
Locally, we have been challenged to reduce water use by 28 percent.The City is working closely with the water district to coordinate and inform our community about these important restrictions. Every drop counts!
Key initiatives and restrictions from EVMWD include:
- All customers are required to reduce outdoor watering by at least 50 percent.
- All customers are required to reduce outdoor irrigation to only two days a week:
- Customers with addresses ending in even numbers (0, 2, 4, 6, 8) may water their landscape on Tuesdays and Fridays.
- Customers with addresses ending in odd numbers (1, 3, 5, 7, 9) may water their landscape on Mondays and Thursdays.
Other water use prohibitions:
- Washing down sidewalks or driveways
- Watering during or within 48 hours after a rain event
- Overwatering, causing water to run off landscaped areas
- Washing vehicle on your property
- Filling, refilling or adding water to your uncovered pool or spa
- Using a fountain or water feature unless the water is recirculated
- Watering on windy days
- Providing water at restaurants or food establishments unless requested
For more information on EVMWD's Stage 4a Mandatory Water Restrictions, please visit http://www.evmwd.com/depts/admin/public_affairs/drought.asp