STORM WATCH: Free Sandbags Available
Residents Urged to Prepare for Rain
According to the National Weather Service, heavy rainfall is expected throughout the region. City and local County residents who need sandbags may go to the following locations to receive up to 25 free, empty sandbags that can be filled with gravel or sand (while supplies last).
City Public Works Yard
- The City's Public Works Yard is located at 521 North Langstaff Street.
- Up to 25 free sandbags per resident can be picked up at the City Yard on Monday thru Friday between the hours of 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Bring a shovel and an ID or utility bill for proof of residency. All sandbags are empty and must be filled by the residents.
- Sand is available outside the main entrance of the City Yard at any time and free to anyone who needs it.
Local Fire Stations
- Sandbags are available anytime at local fire stations.
- Limited to 10 sandbags per resident and the sand is NOT provided.
- The following fire stations are in or near the City of Lake Elsinore:
- Canyon Hills Fire Station No. 94 - 22770 Railroad Canyon Rd., Lake Elsinore
- Lake Elsinore Fire Station No. 10 - 410 Graham Avenue, Lake Elsinore
- McVicker Park Fire Station No. 85 - 29405 Grand Avenue, Lake Elsinore
- Rosetta Canyon Fire Station No. 97 - 41725 Rosetta Canyon Drive, Lake Elsinore
- Lakeland Village Fire Station No. 11 - 33020 Maiden Ln, Lake Elsinore
To report incidents in need of attention in the City, please visit www.lake-elsinore.org/AlertLE.
Building suppliers, such as Home Depot and other home improvement retailers, also carry sandbags.