Cultural Center Parking Lot to Be Constructed Soon
City prepares to begin much needed project to address parking in downtown
Over the last few years, many new businesses and restaurants have opened or expanded in Downtown Lake Elsinore attracting more residents and visitors. This increased activity in downtown has elevated the need for additional public parking.
Currently, the vacant lot on Main Street and Heald Avenue has been used as an unimproved overflow parking lot for meetings and events in the Cultural Center, special events downtown and as parking for nearby business patrons.
The City has been working for several years to secure the property and other privately-owned lots to proceed with creating a complete, paved parking lot for the downtown. The City is now prepared to move forward with this project as described below:
Project Location: Dirt Lot between Heald Avenue & Peck Street on Main Street
- Paved Parking Lot with 171 Parking Stalls
- 161 Regular Parking, 6 Handicap Parking, 4 Motorcycle Parking Stalls
- Landscaping Throughout including a Water Quality Basin for Drainage and Water Flows
- Parking Lot LED Lights and Electrical Receptacles
- Each stall will have access to an electrical receptacle for special events
- Court Area along Main Street with Christmas Tree, Lighting, Benches and Trash Receptacles
- Light Sculptures
- Block Wall - 6-foot High Wall Adjacent to Residents
- Three Driveways - One on Heald Avenue, Two on Peck Street
- Adjacent Sidewalk and Street Improvements
- New Parkways on Heald Avenue and Peck Street
- Pavement Overlay on Heald Avenue and Peck Street within the Project Limits, i.e. directly next to/around the Parking Lot.
Project Status/Next Steps:
- 100% Design - January/February 2018
- Bid Release - February 2018
- Construction Start - Early Spring 2018
- Construction Completion - Late Fall 2018
Project Impacts: This project will require the full closure of this lot to any and all parking during construction. Other impacts include the closure of Heald Avenue and Peck Street for during the proposed street improvements. The dates of these closures have not yet been determined. The City will announce any planned closures and provide updates regularly on its website once this project is underway.
Project Contact: Farid Dost, Sr. Civil Engineer, email@example.com (951) 674-3124 Ext. 246