Railroad Canyon Rd Widening Starting Soon
Construction Will Soon Begin to Widen Railroad Canyon Road Between Grape Street and Canyon Hills Road
Expected to be completed early next year, the City has started infrastructure improvements along Railroad Canyon Road between Grape Street and Canyon Hills Road.
The Railroad Canyon Road Widening Project will expand capacity to three lanes of traffic in each direction between Grape Street and Canyon Hills Road.
To accommodate the lane widening, the project will also include the relocation of utility infrastructure, the creation of improved drainage systems, and full rehabilitation of the roadway. Work has already begun to move the utility infrastructure.
During construction, lanes will be greatly reduced on Railroad Canyon Road. Commuters are urged to choose alternate routes during construction to avoid significant delays due to construction.
Project Name: Railroad Canyon Road Street Widening/Pavement Rehabilitation Improvements
Project Location: Railroad Canyon Road between Grape Street and Canyon Hills Road
Project Impact: Minimal Impact to Local Businesses, Staged + Night Time Construction to Eliminate Access Impact. Relocation of Utilities Infrastructure in Impacted Area. One side of the roadway will be closed at a time with the other side accommodating traffic both directions. This is expected to cause significant traffic concerns.
- Widening and Striping 3 Lanes of Traffic in Each Direction Between Grape Street and Canyon Hills Road.
- Drainage Modification to Accommodate Widening
- Rehabilitation of Existing Pavement includes Slurry Seal, 2" Mill and Overlay and Full Depth Reconstruction
- Utility Relocation and Co-Op Agreements
- Southern California Edison (SCE): Location of 5 Guy Poles
- Eastern Municipal Water District (EMWD): Relocation of Valves and Manhole Adjustment to Grade
- Elsinore Valley Municipal Water District (EVMWD): Relocation of Appurtenances and Grade Adjustments
- SoCal Gas: Valve Adjustments to Grade
Construction Start Date: November 2018
Estimated Completion Date: Early 2019
Find out more about other City Construction Projects.