Press Conference Thursday, March 21 for Super Bloom
City and Partners Announce Coordinated Efforts
LAKE ELSINORE SUPER BLOOM PRESS CONFERENCE
Youtube Recording of Press Conference
DATE: Thursday, March 21, 2019
TIME: 11:30 a.m.
WHERE: Cultural Center, 183 N. Main Street, Lake Elsinore, CA 92530
The press conference will be broadcast live on all City social media channels including:
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/CityofLakeElsinore
- Instagram: www.instagram.com/CityofLakeElsinore
- Twitter: www.twitter.com/ctylakeelsinore
- YouTube: www.youtube.com/cityoflakeelsinore
- Website: www.lake-elsinore.org
The entire conference and Q&A will be recorded and posted online at www.lake-elsinore.org/SuperBloom. More information re: how the City is addressing the Super Bloom will be posted after the conference at this same link: www.lake-elsinore.org/superbloom.
The 2019 Super Bloom in Walker Canyon, which is attracting hundreds of thousands of visitors to the City of Lake Elsinore and causing significant traffic congestion on Interstate 15 and surrounding roadways.
Press conference will begin promptly at 11:30 a.m. Interview opportunities will follow.
- Michael Lujan, Police Chief, Lake Elsinore Sheriff’s Station
- John Tyler, Riverside CHP Area Commander, Captain, California Highway Patrol
- Steve Manos, Mayor, City of Lake Elsinore
- Dustin McLain, Chief Parks & Resources, County of Riverside Parks
- Catalino Pining, Deputy District Director of Operations, Caltrans
- Juan Perez, Assistant CEO - TLMA Director, County of Riverside Department of Transportation
- Other related officials and agencies will be present to answer individual questions.
City, County, Transportation and Public Safety personnel have been working together this week to create a unified approach to addressing the increasing challenges related to this year’s Super Bloom. This includes increasing available resources and support, implementing additional traffic control measures, increased enforcement, expanded public notices, and improved access plans that ensure the overall safety of those visiting Walker Canyon while also reducing the impact to residents.
This event is for media only. Due to space, community members will not be allowed. However, the press conference will be broadcast live, recorded, and posted for viewing by the community.
If possible (not required), media asked to please RSVP to:
Nicole Dailey, Assistant to the City Manager
City of Lake Elsinore
Desk: (951) 674-3124, ext. 314
Cell: (951) 833-5497