City Nears Opening of Campground, Reserve Your Spot
Now accepting online reservations starting July 1st through Jan. 5, 2020
Almost two years since the City began its transformation of its outdated, underused campground, the City is excited to announce the OPENING of its new highly anticipated, state-of-the-art resort - Launch Pointe Recreation Destination & RV Park.
Launch Pointe is a world-class recreational destination that offers a variety of options for camping and activities that appeal to anyone seeking to get away and enjoy lakeside fun. It is the only Southern California destination that provides the ultimate experience on the largest natural freshwater lake, Lake Elsinore, for families and outdoor enthusiasts who want to create amazing stories and lasting memories.
Whether it’s enjoying a full hookup RV space or splashing around in the swimming pool, Launch Pointe is the place to launch your adventure, create epic moments and embark on a truly unique camping experience.
The resort offers 204 RV spaces with full hook ups and other ways to stay and play, including customized vintage trailers and yurts. See below for many more reasons to come experience Launch Pointe.
In Lake Elsinore, we Dream Extreme. Launch Pointe is among one of the City’s largest projects in our history. It is yet another extreme example of why Lake Elsinore is the place for outdoor adventures and activities such as high-speed boating, off-road racing, skydiving, hang-gliding, fishing, camping and more.
Online reservations are now open! Reservations are allowed for dates starting July 1st through January 5, 2020.
Your Adventure Starts Here. Reserve Your Spot Today!
OPENING WEEKEND AT LAUNCH POINTE
With the project near completion, the City is preparing for an epic weekend to celebrate Southern California’s newest resort destination: one that offers guests a truly unique experience.
MEDIA ONLY DAY: Friday, June 21, 2019 at 1:30 p.m. (UPDATED)
A special, media only event that will feature an interactive, guided tram tour of the 47-acre resort that will allow the media to experience the unique charm and world-class amenities available at Launch Pointe. Interested media, rsvp at email@example.com.
LAUNCH PARTY AT LAUNCH POINT: Friday, June 28, 2019 at 4 p.m., Ribbon Cutting at 5 p.m.
Join the City of Lake Elsinore to explore and celebrate the completion of our highly anticipated, fully renovated campground – Launch Pointe Recreation Destination & RV Park. This event is open to all to come out and experience Launch Pointe for yourself. The event will feature an open house, guided walking tours, vendor exhibits, lawn games, food and drink specials, and so much more.
A ribbon cutting with our local dignitaries will take place at 5 p.m. in the new entrance of Launch Pointe. All visitors will be directed to park in the parking area near the Boat Launch.
EXCLUSIVE, INVITE ONLY LAUNCH POINTE CAMPOUT: Saturday, June 29th to Monday, July 1st
To celebrate the City’s new recreational destination, we will be hosting an exclusive, invite only weekend for up to 75 select VIPs from throughout Riverside County and 75 eager campers looking to come out and experience Southern California’s newest outdoor resort destination. Stay tuned to see if you receive your invite to join us for this one-time, unique camping opportunity featuring special activities throughout the day Saturday and Sunday including Boat Rides, Cornhole Tournaments, Music, Movies and more to be announced.
LAUNCH POINTE MAP
KEY FEATURES OF LAUNCH POINTE: Reasons to Experience LP
- 47-Acre Lakefront Recreation Destination & RV Park, City Property is a total of 85 Acres
- 7 Unique RV Areas: The Infield, Track & Trails Parkway, The Fields, Base Camp, Aquaplane Lane, Canopy Court and The Loop
- 204 Recreational Vehicle Spaces with Full Campsite Hookups, Concrete Pads and Privacy Fences
- 3,000 Acre Natural, Freshwater Lake – the largest in Southern California, offering excellent fishing and boating adventures
- 5,000 Sq. Ft. Community Hall and 45,000 Sq. Ft Lawn Area Outdoors Perfect for Weddings, Reunions and Corporate Retreats
- Yurt Village with 6 Themed Yurts to Provide Guests Different Stay Experiences
- Vintage Village featuring 9 Customized Classic Vintage Trailers and Airstreams with Private Patios and Stunning Lake Views
- New Bait & Tackle Shop and Food and Beverage Concession Stand – The Bobber
- New Administrative Check-in Building and Kiosk
- Picnic Tables, Shade Structures and Unique Activity Areas
- Trails & Wayfinding Signage throughout the Resort
- 141 RV and Boat Storage Rental Spaces
- Unique Water Features including a Swimming Pool and Splash Pad
- Interactive, Biba Enabled Playground
- 6 Lane Boat Launch
- On-Site Lake Rentals including Pontoon Boats, Fishing Boats, Kayaks and Paddleboards
- State-of-the-Art RIFD Technology to Provide Secure Access to Amenities, Goods, Services, Food, Beverages and Share their Experiences with Family and Friends
- Realigned Entrance and Entryway Monuments at Lincoln Street and Riverside Drive
CONTACT & LOCATION INFORMATION:
Launch Pointe Recreation Destination & RV Park
32040 Riverside Drive
Lake Elsinore, CA 92530
Hours of Operation: 6:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m., Monday – Sunday
Phone: (855) 471-1212
FOLLOW US ONLINE!
HISTORY OF CITY CAMPGROUND
The campground and original boat launch were installed by the state in the 1960s. The City inherited the property from the state in 1993 and renamed it the Lake Recreation Area. Upon completion of a new $8 million six-lane boat launch and improved beach area in 2012, the City renamed the locale to La Laguna Resort & Boat Launch.
La Laguna was one of the terms used to refer to the lake in the decades leading up to cityhood in 1888 when the city’s founders named the new municipality Elsinore. In the early 1970s, the City added “Lake” to the title to put more emphasis on the City’s dominant geographical feature.
The City expects revenues generated by the campground’s uses will easily cover rehabilitation costs within a few years.