Camino Del Norte Extension Underway, Completion this Spring
New Roadway is Expected to Open Up Land for Development and Improve Circulation
As part of this project, starting October 21, 2019, there will be a full closure of the Franklin Street bridge between Auto Center Drive and Canyon Estates Drive. This closure is expected to last through the end of the year. Detours will be in place throughout the closure. View Detour Map.
The City of Lake Elsinore is excited to celebrate the start of its newest roadway in Lake Elsinore - Camino Del Norte.
The Camino Del Norte Extension will alleviate the congestion at Railroad Canyon Road by creating a secondary option for those traveling to Canyon Estates Drive and/or Tuscany Hills. This project will also open up more than 125 acres of land for development along the freeway.
- Extension of Camino Del Norte from Main Street to Franklin Street.
- Approximately one (1) mile of new roadway in undeveloped land with 12 ft. wide traffic lanes, 8 ft. wide paved shoulders and center islands.
- Realignment of Canyon Estates Drive and extension of Canyon View Drive and Sagecrest Drive.
- Total of 8,450 tons of asphalt concrete for project.
- New traffic signal at the intersection of Canyon Estates Drive, Camino Del Norte and Franklin Street.
- New sidewalk, curb and gutters.
- Drainage improvements, slope protection, and erosion control.
- 16 new storm drain systems.
- Headwalls, wingwalls, and rock slope protection.
Location: Camino Del Norte and Canyon Estates Drive, south of Main Street
Project Stakeholders: Elsinore Valley Municipal Water District, Southern California Edison, Frontier, Soboba and Pechanga Indian Tribes, State Water Board, Army Corps of Engineers, Fish and Wildlife, and Riverside-Corona Resource Conservation District.
Construction Start Date: July 9, 2019
Estimated Construction Completion: Spring 2020
Estimated Cost: $3.4 million
Contractor: Riverside Construction Company, Inc.