2020 Election Information
Important information to make sure your vote counts!
Election 2020 is now underway with the Presidential Consolidated Primary Election coming up on March 3, 2020. The General Election will take place on November 3, 2020. The City of Lake Elsinore encourages its residents to get out and vote. Below are some key dates to keep in mind for both elections, updates will be made regularly as needed.
Important Upcoming 2020 Election Dates:
Presidential Consolidated Primary Election March 3, 2020 Deadlines:
- Voter Information Guides Mailed: Week of Jan. 31 (View Riverside County News Release)
- Early Voting Begins, Vote-By-Mail Ballots Mailed: Feb. 3 (Click for Early Voting Locations)
- Deadline to Register to Vote or Change Political Party Preference: Feb. 18
- Conditional Voter Registration: Feb. 19 - Mar. 3
- Deadline to Request a Vote-By-Mail Ballot: Feb. 25
- Deadline to Return Vote-By-Mail Ballot: Mar. 3
- Election Day: Mar. 3, 2020
General Election November 3, 2020
- Voter Information Guides Mailed To Voters: Sept. 24 - Oct. 13, 2020
- Vote-By-Mail Ballots Start Being Mailed: Oct 5, 2020
- Early Voting Period: Oct 5, 2020 to Nov 2, 2020
- Election Day: Nov, 3, 2020
City Election Information:
Lake Elsinore is a General Law city governed by a five-member City Council. Members of the City Council are elected by-district and the City Treasurer is elected at-large for a four-year term. Council Members serve staggered terms, with either two or three seats being open for election every two years. As of February 1, 2018, the City transitioned to By-District elections with 5 Districts. The position of Mayor is selected by the City Council on an annual basis.
This year, in November, there will be three (3) seats up for election on the City Council and one (1) seat for City Treasurer. The nomination period to file for an open City seat will be from July 13 to August 7.
Key Election 2020 Links:
For additional election information, contact the Riverside County Registrar of Voters:
Call: (951) 486-7200 or (800) 773-VOTE(8683)