Stormy Weather Ahead
Traveling in Southern California this weekend?
Be prepared, stay informed and drive safe with information available from:
- Caltrans has issued a “Winter Driving Tips” reminder
- The National Weather Service has issued a “Special Weather Statement”
The National Weather Service has identifed the following impacts:
- Rain - Locally the rain could be heavy at times. Breezy with wind gust as high as 45 miles per hour. 1" to 2" of rain near the coast, 3" to 5" in the mountains and less than 1" in the deserts
- Thunder - There is a possiblity of thunderstorms with small hail.
- Wind - West winds in the mountains and deserts could get gusts of 60 + miles per hour at times.
- Snow - Snow level could lower to 2,500 to 3,000 feet...possibly lower with several inches of snow at the lower elevations and several feet at higher elevations.
To report storm related flooding, downed trees or branches or other storm related issues call the City Public Works Department at 951-232-4884.