Interstate 215 "D" Street On-Ramp Closed Beginning Sept. 23
The long-term closure is expected to last through summer 2014.
The Interstate 215 northbound D Street on-ramp will close to allow crews to rebuild the D Street bridge to prepare for the freeway widening in this area. The closure will be in place through late summer 2014.
RCTC began construction early this year to widen 12.5 miles of Interstate 215 between Scott Road in Menifee and Nuevo Road in Perris. One lane will be added in each direction to this section of I-215. Once completed, there will be three continuous northbound lanes and three continuous southbound lanes on I-215 between I-15 and State Route 60.
Safety is RCTC's Top Priority
- Slow down and watch for workers and equipment
- Allow extra time to get to work and school
- Be extra careful when driving at night or in the rain
- Avoid use of mobile phones or other distractions
- Watch for closures and follow detours
- Check with RTA regarding changes in bus routes
- The freeway speed limit has been reduced to 55 mph. The speed limit for Perris Blvd. has been reduced to 25 mph between Jarvis Street and San Jacinto Avenue.New speed limit signs have been posted. Please be aware that traffic fines increase in the construction zone.
- Follow the “Move Over” law and move away from freeway construction work.