City Council approves $11,000 Lake promotional package
TV producer Ronnie Kovach to feature fishing and more
Lake Elsinore is ready for its close up
The City Council is moving forward with a multimedia promotional package about the 'miracle' of Lake Elsinore. The package will focus attention on the remarkable comeback of the Lake for the next 52 weeks over cable TV, AM radio and the Internet.
An $11,000 media deal with fishing pro Ronnie Kovach of Kovach's Outdoor Enterprises, Inc. was approved in March. Mr. Kovach has also worked with Diamond Valley Lake, Big Bear Lake and the City of Hemet to promote their own outdoor fishing and lifestyle attractions.
Kovach told the City Council last month that outsiders don't know about the remarkable progress on the Lake in the last few years.
"This is your opportunity to reach over one million households over the next 52 weeks to let them know this is Lake Elsinore and that you have a lake that is functional," said Kovach.
The package approved by the City Council to applause from the meeting audience includes production of a half-hour TV episode about fishing and lifestyle in Lake Elsinore airing on Fishing Ventures on Fox Sports Network West (FSN), Dish and Direct TV, a weekly radio dialogue about the Lake on AM 830 Saturday mornings, and exposure at www.fishingexpeditions.com, the Internet home of Ronnie Kovach's Fishing Expeditions, an international multimedia resource.
The package is a bargain compared with the cost to the City if air time were purchased directly. In exchange for $11,000 in production services and media time over a 52 week period, the City will receive:
- A 5 minute weekly call-in segment Saturday mornings on AM 830 beginning at 5:30 a.m., on the program Radio Fishing University;
- Four two-hour specials in-studio focused on happenings in Lake Elsinore and fishing at the Lake;
- A one minute radio commercial about the Lake and how it has been improving with the intervention of the Lake Elsinore & San Jacinto Watersheds Authority;
- A thirty-minute TV episode repeated up to six times on the popular Fishing Ventures show seen on FSN (Time Warner channels 60 and 254) that airs at 9:30 a.m. on Sunday mornings and Thursday afternoons at 2:30 p.m.;
- Internet promotion and banner ads at www.fishingexpeditions.com
Filming of the video was just wrapped on April 8-9. The first radio interview with City staff aired on April 4. Footage from the Fishing Ventures episode will also appear in a new "on the road" style program being developed by Mr. Kovach's for the Best Western hospitality chain.
The cost of the package is being shared by the Lake Elsinore & San Jacinto Watersheds Authority, with $3500 to be paid by LESJWA and $7500 to be paid by the City in quarterly installments to Kovach's production company.
PH (951) 674-3124 x 207