NEW BUSINESSES Thank you for bringing your business to Lake Elsinore! To get started please select an application below:
If you are a business that will be physically located within the city limits, please chose the application that applies to your business:
- Commercial/Industrial/Retail or Office space located within the city limits- Instructions for obtaining your business license are on the first page of this packet.
- Home Based Businesses - Complete this application and bring to the Planning Counter for approval.
If your business is located outside the city limits, and you intend to conduct business here, refer to the applications below:
- State Licensed Contractors (For State Licensed Contractors coming into the city limits)
- Businesses not within city limits
Please complete the above and submit to the City of Lake Elsinore at 130 South Main Street, Lake Elsinore, California 92530. Out of town based businesses may submit their applications by mail.
The applications for the following must be obtained at the business license counter, as additional requirements may apply:
- Mobile Vendors (Ice Cream Trucks, Catering Trucks, Peddlers and Solicitors.)
- Massage Technicians and Massage Establishment Owners (Provide copy of CAMTC certification) A separate license for each individual technician is required.
SB 1186 - DISABILITY ACCESS On September 19, 2012, Governor Brown signed into law Senate Bill 1186 which adds a State fee of $4.00 for any applicant for a business license or renewal.
EFFECTIVE JANUARY 1, 2013 - this fee will be required from all new business licenses or renewals. The purpose of the fee is to provide a funding source for increased disability access and compliance with construction-related accessibility requirements and to develop educational resources for businesses in order to facilitate compliance with the federal and state disability laws.
Under federal and state law, compliance with disability access laws is a serious and significant responsibility that applies to all California building owners and tenants with buildings open to the public.
You may obtain information about your legal obligations and how to comply with disability access laws at the following agencies:
Division of the State Architect -www.dgs.ca.gov/dsa/Home
Department of Rehabilitation - www.rehab.cahwnet.gov
California Commission on Disability Access - www.ccda.ca.gov
For business license questions, please contact the Finance Division at (951) 674-3124 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.