Esri – The world leader in GIS education and software.
Free Dynamic Maps:
- ArcGIS Explorer Desktop – GIS viewer that gives you an easy way to explore, visualize, and share GIS information.
- California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection (CDF) – Access current fire information and maps.
- Google Earth – Mapping application that lets you fly anywhere on Earth to view satellite imagery, maps, terrain, 3D buildings, from galaxies in outer space to the canyons of the ocean.
- Riverside County EDA Prospector – Find optimal business locations using powerful real estate search, demographic analysis, industry reports, and dynamic mapping tools.
Free GIS Data Downloads:
- Cal-Atlas Geospatial Clearinghouse – Download geospatial data for the State of California.
- GIS Data Depot – Provides free GIS data downloads and creates custom GIS data CD-ROMs for CAD, mapping, and location based applications.
- National Atlas – Find and make maps of America.
- Riverside County GIS – Click on ‘Land Information System (RCLIS)’ under Quick Links for maps and data.
- United States Census Bureau – Find geographic data and products such as the TIGER/Line Shapefiles, KMLs, TIGERweb, cartographic boundary files, geographic relationship files, and reference and thematic maps.
- United States Geological Survey (USGS) – Access and download maps, imagery and publications.