1. Applications to use City facilities must be made on an application form provided by the Community Services Department and submitted not less than thirty (30) days, nor more than one hundred eighty (180) days (excepting annual events) prior to the date of the proposed usage. Authorization for use submitted less than thirty (30) days prior to usage may be granted at the discretion of the Director of Community Services. Public dances, special events, and some public events require sixty (60) days prior notification and a Special Events Permit.
2. The Community Services Department has the right to refuse or cancel any application for due cause.
3. The assessed rental fees and special fees must be paid fourteen (14) days prior to the scheduled event.
4. All fees are to be made payable to “City of Lake Elsinore.”
5. Usage must be made within the allotted permit time. Permit time schedules and changes must include set-up time. Permit will be considered cancelled and fees forfeited if user is not at the facility sixty (60) minutes after the time for which applied.
6. Community Services activities and other City-sponsored events will retain first priority for use of all facilities.
7. No activity will be permitted which is in violation of local State or Federal statutes. Applicants must adhere to all City, Sheriff and Fire codes during their use of the facility.
8. Applications will not be accepted from anyone under 18 years of age. Youth groups must have adult sponsors who guarantee observance of these rules and regulations. In addition, a minimum of one adult per twenty-five (25) young people is required at the activity.
9. The presence of, and the serving or selling of alcoholic beverages is prohibited unless permitted under the following conditions:
a) Renter purchases insurance and provides required security.
b) All Alcohol Beverage Control (ABC) rules and regulations are actively enforced. For more information, please CLICK HERE.
10. Users will be responsible for all damages, and must leave facilities in the same condition as received. The area outside the building is included in this responsibility. Therefore, before the start of the event, a representative should inspect the contrition of the facility with the responsible person on duty (Community Services Department staff).
11. Appropriate damage deposits above and beyond required special service fees may be levied at the discretion of the Director of Community Services.
12. No City facility may be altered or changed without written approval from the Community Services management. Signs or decorations to be affixed to the building must also have prior approval of management.
13. No advertising, solicitation of sales, posting of signs, or distribution of pamphlets using City facilities will be permitted without the consent of the City Manager or his/her designee.
14. Security personnel (when required) must be present at the time the event begins and remain on duty until the building is vacated.
15. A representative of the Community Services Department shall be present during all hours of any indoor facility, and those outdoor facilities deemed necessary by the Department. If an activity is held outside normal operating hours of a facility (or in the case of outdoor facilities before or after scheduled work of employees), the applicant will be required to pay for assigned personnel in addition to any rental fees and damage deposits.
16. In the event of disagreement regarding interpretations of regulations governing the use of City (Department) facilitates, patrons are to conform to the instructions of the Department in charge and report the incident to the Director of Community Services.
17. Lake Elsinore Municipal Code prohibits smoking in any City facility.