The mission of the Program is to provide an avenue for the youth in Lake Elsinore to engage in City Government by instilling the importance of civic values and developing civic skills. The program will cultivate 21st century skills in critical thinking, problem solving, communication and collaboration abilities, as well as assisting the students in obtaining practical, hands-on work experience. The benefits from the “Dream Extreme’s Future Leaders” program are exponential. The City is fully committed to investing in its future workforce, providing opportunities to expand knowledge, and gain experience in public service careers for high school students.
About the Program:
- Interactive classroom setting trainings, two days per week, in aspects of local government, resume preparation, interview skills, project development and presentation skills
- 30 hours of internship work within City Hall
- Creation of a local advocacy project
- Participation in a Mock Council meeting
- Recognition at a City Council meeting
Students graduating from this program will be eligible to apply for Summer Internships and Program Assistants.
- Students must be incoming Junior or Seniors in the 2018-19 School year, in the Lake Elsinore Unified School District or residents in the City of Lake Elsinore
- Maintain a GPA of a 2.0 or higher.
The program is limited to 23 students
Applications are no longer being accepted for Fall 2018. Applications for our Summer 2019 session will be accepted beginning in April of 2019.
Susan M. Domen, MMC
(951) 674-3124 ext. 269