The City of Lake Elsinore Active Military Banner Program honors and recognizes Active Duty Military personnel that reside or have an immediate family member that resides in Lake Elsinore.
We are honored to recognize our Active Duty hometown heroes with banners displayed along Historic Downtown Main Street.
$150.00 (includes printing and installation)
*If you would like to honor a family member but are experiencing financial hardship, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or (951) 674-3124 ext. 265. Financial assistance is based on the availability of funds.
Donations for the Program support military families that would like to honor a family member but cannot do so due to financial hardship.
To qualify for the Military Banner Program, the following criteria must be met:
- The honoree must be an active duty member of the United States Armed Forces (and should remain an active duty member during the time in which the banner is installed).
- The applicant (immediate family member of honoree) or honoree must be a current resident of Lake Elsinore
- The applicant must receive permission from the honoree to have banner installed in public with honoree’s name, branch, and photo.
- Orders will be accepted on an ongoing basis.
- Fill out and submit the online application with payment through by clicking here and going to the 'Other' tab, or download and mail the PDF Application with a check to the address below.
- Applications must include: proof of active duty status (a Certificate of Active Duty Status can be obtained at the SCRA Website here), proof of applicant's residency (copy of a utility bill or driver’s license), and an 8X10 or minimum 300dpi digital quality photo.
- Submit the photo via email to email@example.com. Please label photo with applicant’s name in the following format: “branch-firstname.lastname”.
- Make checks payable to “City of Lake Elsinore."
Please mail applications/checks to:
City of Lake Elsinore
ATTN: Military Banner Program
130 South Main Street
Lake Elsinore, CA 92530
- Application deadline is April 1st of every year.
- Banners will be installed once per year in May (approximately one month is needed to review applications, process orders, and install banners).
- The installation location is at the discretion of the City. The City is not responsible for replacing lost/stolen banners or repairs from eminent weather.
- Banners will be displayed for a minimum of two years (dependent on condition).
- Once the banner has been retired, it will be given to the honoree or the applicant.
Interested in honoring a veteran? Visit our Veterans Memorial Brick Program page to purchase a veteran brick for the Veteran’s Memorial at Diamond Stadium.