Join the "One Team, One Dream," and commit to supporting the City of Lake Elsinore and City of Wildomar's efforts to end homelessness in our communities.
LE GIVES Virtual Workshop
On December 3, 2020, the City of Lake Elsinore hosted its first LE GIVES Virtual Workshop. The workshop brought community members, leaders, non-profits, and local organizations together to share specific ways we can work together to reach our goals.
The workshop covered topics including volunteer opportunities, donation options, long-term support and programming support for the City's new homeless crisis stabilization housing, The Anchor.
Below are links to the PowerPoint presentation and volunteer sign-up lists:
- Video Recording of Workshop
- PowerPoint Presentation of Workshop
- LE Gives Sign Up Form - Join us to be a part of giving a hand up, not a hand out.
- Sign Up for Clean Extreme: Move-in Ready Days
- The Anchor Donation Sign-Up
The LE Gives sign up form will allow you and/or your organization to commit to one (or more) of the various LE Gives volunteer opportunities to help those in need in Lake Elsinore, Wildomar and surrounding County areas. Additionally, the Clean Extreme: Move-In Ready Days link will allow you to schedule a time and date you or your organization can join us to get our housing units ready for move-in day on Dec. 30.
What is the LE GIVES?
The cities of Lake Elsinore and Wildomar have taken a proactive, aggressive approach to addressing homelessness in our community. As part of these efforts, we believe in practicing responsible compassion which encourages giving a hand up, not a hand out. To assist our communities in providing real, tangible ways to support and help to those in need, we have created LE Gives.
LE Gives offers several ways the community can join our team and support our efforts to help homeless individuals in our community through their journey from exiting the streets of Lake Elsinore and Wildomar to self-sufficiency.
Below are the list of ways you, your organization or your business can help:
- LE Gives Clean Extreme: Cleaning, Repairing and Decorating Housing Units in Preparation of Move-In Day
- LE Gives At Home: Donate Goods or Money for Housing Supplies and Products such as Bedding, Dishes, Towels, etc.
- LE Gives SWAG Champion: Short-Term Volunteer Efforts to Support the City's Housing Site and Special Projects such as Gifts, Letters of Encouragement, Street Outreach Events or Supporting a Housing Facility as a Volunteer On-Site.
- LE Gives SWAG Sponsor: Long-Term Volunteer Commitment to Support an Individual, an Entire Unit, or to host Group Programs or Services On-Site such as Church Services., Counseling, Recovery Support, Exercise Programs, etc.
- Other: Any other ideas for ways to support our efforts to help those in need.
Tell us how you would like to help by taking our survey at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/LEGives. We will reach out to you soon with more information soon. Your donations and support are truly appreciated!