Here's how it works:
- 1% of sales tax generated within Lake Elsinore goes into the City's general fund.
- Sales tax is the largest single revenue contributor to the City's general fund, which provides services for our beautiful parks, police and fire, seniors, libraries, and streets and facilities maintenance.
What are the projected sales tax revenues?
- Fiscal Year 2012-13 is projecting sales tax revenue almost $8 million. That is 31% of the City of Lake Elsinore's operating budget
What are some examples of programs that benefit from sales tax?
- McVicker Skate Park is a supervised facility for skateboarding and inline skating at all skill levels.
- The Senior Center offers a wide range of services and programs such as a nutrition program, special events and support programs.
- Fire & Police Services - approximately 45% of the City's operating budget goes toward public safety services.
A few of the great community events the City contributes funds to:
- Frontier Days
- Unity in the Community Parade