Affordable Housing

First-Time Homebuyers Programs

Qualified Lake Elsinore homebuyers may be eligible for assistance through the California Housing Finance Agency's First-Time Homebuyer Program. Additionally, the Riverside County Economic Development Agency (EDA) offers a Mortgage Credit Certificate Program to eligible Lake Elsinore homebuyers. Through the Mortgage Credit Certificate Program, qualified low-income homebuyers can receive a federal income tax credit equal to 15% of the interest paid on their primary mortgage-the remaining 85% of the interest can be taken by the homebuyer as a tax deduction.

Home Rehabilitation Programs

Qualified Lake Elsinore homeowners are eligible for the EDA Home Repair Program through the County of Riverside EDA, as well as the EDA Home Rehabilitation Program. The Home Repair Program offers qualified Lake Elsinore homeowners up to $6,000 in grant funding for eligible home repairs, whereas the Home Rehabilitation Program offers up to $20,000 for eligible home repairs.

Affordable Housing Programs

The Housing Authority of the County of Riverside is a public agency chartered by the State of California to administer the development, rehabilitation or financing of affordable housing programs. The primary mission of the Housing Authority is to provide affordable decent, safe and sanitary housing opportunities to low- and moderate-income families including elderly and handicapped persons, while supporting programs to foster economic self-sufficiency.

The Housing Authority provides two basic types of rental assistance. The largest program is the Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher. The applicant receives a Housing Choice Voucher once they have met all eligibility requirements.

Affordable Housing Opportunities

The City of Lake Elsinore prides itself in helping provide affordable housing opportunities to area residents, which often helps increase discretionary income for area families while supporting economic development for the City and fulfilling inclusionary requirements for the City. The developments listed below may or may not have vacancies in the units with subsidized or reduced rents; however, the development may have a waiting list on which you may wish to place your name. The City of Lake Elsinore does not manage or own any of the developments listed on this page, but this list is provided as a courtesy to those that are seeking affordable housing. While the list is intended to provide an accurate presentation of affordable housing opportunities in the City of Lake Elsinore, the list may not reflect current opportunities. Two housing developments that offer a portion of their units with affordability restrictions from the City of Lake Elsinore include the following:

  • Broadstone River's Edge Apartments
    2088 Lakeshore Dr.
    Lake Elsinore, CA 92530
    Phone: 866-375-1653
  • Pottery Court Apartments
    300 N Riley Street
    Lake Elsinore, CA 92530
    Phone: 951-326-8030

The following apartments are other housing projects in the City of Lake Elsinore that may have units with reduced rents for low-income residents:

  • Parkside Apartments
    442 N Kellogg Street
    Lake Elsinore, CA
    Phone: 951-674-6413
  • Lakeview Apartments
    32209 Riverside Dr.
    Lake Elsinore, CA
    Phone: 951-674-6004
  • Villa Siena
    31300 Auto Center Drive
    Lake Elsinore, CA
    Phone: 951-245-3444