To the extent, practicable, district lines will be adopted using the following criteria:
- Geographically contiguous districts.
- The geographic integrity of local neighborhoods or communities shall be respected in a manner that minimizes its division.
- The geographic integrity of a city shall be respected in a manner that minimizes its division.
- Easily identifiable boundaries that follow natural or artificial barriers (rivers, streets, highways, rail lines, etc.).
- Lines shall be drawn to encourage geographic compactness. In addition, boundaries shall not be drawn for purposes of favoring or discriminating against a political party.