Please note: Applications are accepted by appointment only, Monday through Thursday, from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
(New applicants only - no renewals)
Current Processing Times
Processing times begin the day your application is received at a passport agency or center, not the day you mail your application or apply.
- Routine: 7 to 10 weeks
- Expedited: 3 to 5 weeks (for an additional $60)
Visit Travel.state.gov for updated times.
The following documents are required at your Passport Appointment:
- Completed unsigned Passport Application (Form DS-11) must be completed in black ink only and no whiteout. Application forms must be completed and printed (single-sided) prior to your appointment by visiting the Travel.state.gov - U.S. Passport Applications and Forms page.
- All applicants (including children) must be present.
- Proof of Citizenship: one of the following: (original and a copy)
- Original Certified Birth Certificate (Abstracts are not acceptable)
- Certificate of Naturalization
- Previously-issued passport (with Birth Certificate for Children under age 16)
- Valid Photo I.D. of applicant or parent(s) of a minor (original and a copy)
- I.D. other than a California Driver's License must be accompanied by a secondary I.D.
- For minors, parents may provide a Consular I.D. or foreign passport.
- Minors age 16 or 17 - I.D. from one parent and minors I.D. (either a Driver’s License or a School I.D.).
- Minors age 15 or younger - One of the following:
- I.D. from both parents (both parents must be present, or)
- I.D. from one parent and Notarized Parental Consent Form DS-3053 with a copy of both the front and back of the absent parent’s I.D.
- I.D. from one parent and original or certified copy of court order documents showing sole legal custody.
- I.D. from one parent if only one parent is listed on the birth certificate.
- Check or Money Order only - Payable to U.S. Department of State for passport fees.
- Adult Book - $130
- Adult Card - $30
- Minor (under 16) Book - $100
- Minor (under 16) Card - $15
- Expedited Processing Fee (optional) - $60
- Check, Money Order, Debit/Credit Card, or Cash payable to the City of Lake Elsinore for a $35 per application processing fee (if paying this fee by cash it must be the exact dollar amount).
- There is a 2.75% convenience fee if paying with a Debit/Credit Card.
- One 2 x 2 Passport Photo (Currently not available from the City).
Additional Information regarding the requirements can be found on the Travel.state.gov - Apply in Person page.
If traveling internationally in less than two weeks, it is recommended that you schedule an appointment at a Regional Passport Agency. Find additional information on the Travel.state.gov - Los Angeles Passport Agency page.
For additional questions, please contact the City Clerk's office at 951-674-3124 option 4.