Interstate 15 / SR - 74 Central Avenue Interchange Project
The City of Lake Elsinore (City), in cooperation with the California Department of Transportation (Caltrans), is proposing improvements to the Interstate 15 (I-15)/State Route 74 (SR-74) (Central Avenue) interchange located in the City of Lake Elsinore, California. The I-15/SR-74 Interchange Improvement Project is needed to improve traffic conditions, reduce congestion at the interchange, and help alleviate traffic at surrounding local intersections within the Project area. Visit the project’s Interactive StoryMap at bit.ly/CentralAveInterchangeProject for more details.
- Support anticipated regional growth and local development projects.
- Relieve congestion by providing additional ramp storage capacity and directional connectivity between I-15 and SR-74.
- Improve operational efficiency of signalized intersections, turning movements, and throughput volumes.
- Improve mobility and access for all users, residents, and businesses within the Project limits.
Estimated Construction Cost: $39 Million
Estimated Timeline: Currently in the Alternatives Analysis and Environmental Document Review phase, which is expected to be complete by 2024.
Draft Environmental Documents
The Draft Environmental Documents for the Project are now available for community input.
To access the documents online, please click here.
Hard copies of the documents are also available at any of the following repository sites:
- City of Lake Elsinore City Hall (130 S Main St, Lake Elsinore, CA 92530)
- Lake Elsinore Library (600 W Graham Ave, Lake Elsinore, CA 92530)
Comments will be accepted during the 30-day public review period from November 10, 2023, though December 12, 2023. Comments must be received electronically or postmarked on or before December 12, 2023.
Comments may be submitted through any of the following methods:
- Email: D8.0F310.Comments@dot.ca.gov
- Mail: ATTN: Antonia Toledo, Branch Chief
California Department of Transportation, District 8
464 West 4th Street, 6th Floor, MS 820
San Bernardino, CA 92401-1400
- In Person at the Public Meeting on November 29, 2023
For questions, please call 909-501-5741.
Join Us for a Public Meeting on November 29, 2023
Please join us for a public meeting to learn about the project and submit your comments. Light refreshments will be available.
Wednesday, November 29, 2023
4 PM - 7 PM
Lake Elsinore Cultural Center
183 N Main St
Lake Elsinore, CA 92530
Our meeting will be accessible to persons with disabilities. Spanish interpretation will be provided. Other ADA accommodations and translations can be available by calling 951-674-1344 at least 72 hours in advance.