We shall be part of the "City Team" to efficiently develop, construct, and maintain the City's infrastructure in a safe and environmentally sensitive manner for the enhancement of the residential and business communities. We shall be responsive to the changing needs of our City, and create an atmosphere that allows all employees to be innovative, and to be committed to excellence.
The Engineering Department consists of Administration, Inspection, Traffic, Capital Improvement Projects (CIP), Development, and Environmental Services.
- Engineering Administration provides management of operations and services. It also administers funding and fee programs and ensures compliance with the subdivision process and public works construction.
- Inspection provides assurance that grading, streets, drainage, and City facilities are completed per approved plans and specifications.
- Traffic provides service to the public regarding traffic, parking and all other aspects of transportation in the City and addresses regional traffic issues.
- Capital Improvement Projects provides engineering and design, administration and construction of the projects, including infrastructure, CIP and replacement projects.
- Land Development reviews development projects, including coordination with the Planning Division, plan checks, final maps, drainage improvements, and all grading/improvement plans (streets, storm drains, street lights etc.) for new development, and issues permits for grading and public works improvements.
- Environmental Services protects and preserves the community's public health and the environment through the promotion of recycling programs and the implementation of activities to reduce and eliminate urban runoff pollution from industrial, commercial, new development/construction, and residential areas that may enter the storm drainage system.
You are required to submit online applications for engineering plan checks and permits through the citizen self-service portal.
The Engineering staff also administers the following Environmental Services:
More information on submittal requirements for any of the above can be found on the applications and forms page.