Lake & Mountain Commercial Center Project - Approved January 25, 2022
Notice of Public Hearing
Notice is hereby given that the Planning Commission of the City of Lake Elsinore, California, will hold a Public Hearing on December 21, 2021, at the Lake Elsinore Cultural Center, 183 N Main Street, Lake Elsinore, California, 92530, at 6 pm, or as soon thereafter as the matter may be heard, to consider the following item:
Planning Application Number 2019-34 (Lake and Mountain Commercial Center): A request by Danny Singh, Tiger Petroleum, Inc. to develop an approximately 32,695 square foot (SF) commercial retail center on 6.07 acres of land (5.63 acres after right-of-way dedication). The project would subdivide the site into six parcels and construct a 3,400 SF convenience store with an attached 1,525 SF Quick-Serve Restaurant, 4,089 SF gas fueling canopy, a 3,150 SF express car wash, two 4,850 SF retail buildings, a 3,320 SF drive-through restaurant with an attached 1,600 SF retail building, and a 2,520 SF drive-through restaurant with an attached 2,400 SF retail building with 170 parking spaces, landscaping, and related site improvements. The project is located at the northwest corner of Mountain Street and Lake Street (APNs: 389-030-012, 013, 014, 015, 016, 017, and 018).
Please note: Details regarding the public hearing and public participation are contained in the Notice of Public Hearing.
Further information on this item may be obtained by emailing Ms. Damaris Abraham, Senior Planner, or calling 951-674-3124, ext. 913. Additional information regarding COVID-19 is available for review on the City's website.
Pursuant to the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA), an Environmental Impact Report (EIR) has been prepared for the project to assess potential environmental impacts. A Draft EIR (SCH# 2020080538) was made available and circulated for public review and comment for a 45-day public review period from July 2, 2021, to August 16, 2021. The Final EIR responds to the comments and includes in response to comments received on the Draft EIR. The EIR determined that the following issue areas would have potentially significant environmental impacts that would be mitigated to below a level of significance: biological resources; cultural resources; geology and soils; noise; and tribal cultural resources. The EIR determined that the proposed project will not result in significant and unavoidable project-level and cumulative impacts.
- Draft Environmental Impact Report (PDF)
- Appendix A - Notice of Preparation and Comments Received (PDF)
- Appendix B - Air Quality Report (PDF)
- Appendix C - Biological Report (PDF)
- Appendix C1 - Joint Project Review (PDF)
- Appendix C2 - Wildlife Agency Comments (PDF)
- Appendix D - Phase I Cultural Resources Survey Report (PDF)
- Appendix E - Energy Analysis Report (PDF)
- Appendix F - Preliminary Geotechnical Report (PDF)
- Appendix G - Paleontological Assessment (PDF)
- Appendix H - Greenhouse Gas Analysis (PDF)
- Appendix I - Phase I Environmental Site Assessment (PDF)
- Appendix J - Preliminary Water Quality Management Plan (PDF)
- Appendix K - Preliminary Hydrology Study (PDF)
- Appendix L - Noise Impact Analysis (PDF)
- Appendix M - Traffic Impact Analysis (PDF)
- Appendix N - Vehicle Miles Travelled Screening Analysis (PDF)
- Appendix O - EVMWD Service Planning Letter (PDF)
- Appendix P - SCE Will Serve Letter (PDF)